Posts Tagged ‘Holidays’
December 18, 2014
Hello, hello! I feel like I have been raving about holiday music this year.
An upbeat holiday tune never fails to heighten my mood, even on a dreaded Monday morning. If you haven’t been listening to holiday stations and songs throughout the month of December, what are you waiting for? They’re pretty enjoyable, y’all.
While I do appreciate the slower classics, I recently put together a fun workout-worthy playlist you can listen to at home, in the car, and even play during workouts and group exercise classes! Below you will find 21 awesome holiday jams you could also put on at your next holiday party.
Scroll down to give it a listen online!
(You can always access my public playlists on Spotify!)
I would bet that listening to even one of those songs made you smile and/or gave you a reason to break out your “jazz hands”. If this type of music doesn’t put you in the holiday spirit, I don’t know what will. Maybe a go see a show? I’m excited for Cirque Dreams tonight with Scott and friends.
Sorry to make it short, but I need to get going. See you in the morning!
Question of the Afternoon
• What is your all-time favorite holiday song?
I have too many. I love Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree (<- fun video that brings be right back to my childhood), mainly because it reminds me of growing up watching Home Alone! I’ve also been loving Holiday a cappella music over the past few years. O Holy Night gets me every time!
December 16, 2014
Good morning! I hope your Tuesday has started off on a great note. I’m in a hurry to get off to work, but I wanted to share the next installment of this year’s Holiday Gift Guides with you first.
This one is a collection of last minute (mostly smaller) ideas for a variety of loved ones in your home. Each item is one I could have added to the specific gift guide category, only it’s smaller, and most likely cheaper.
(Have you heard about this cause yet? Amazing.)
• nail polish
• winter accessories
(How cute is this Anthropologie beanie?)
• unique stationary set
(These Mara-Mi stationary sets from CASA are so fun!)
• fuzzy knit socks
» Check out more ideas in this year’s Holiday Gift Guide: For Her.
(Loving these Timberland reversible slouchy beanies)
• 1 year magazine subscription to his favorite publication
• money clip, personalized with their name, initials, or their favorite college team
• ticket stub diary to keep memories from those fun nights out
• watch, fancy or not-so fancy… whatever is in the budget
(Definitely eyeing this $100 Diesel watch!)
» Check out more ideas in this year’s Holiday Gift Guide: For Him.
For Fitness Lovers
• protein bars for post-workout snacks on-the-go
• compression socks for added support
• activity tracker/heart rate monitor, a very helpful and important tool to track heart rate zones and intensity levels
This Polar FT4 is under $100!
(See all colors here)
• active texting gloves, practical and stylish for outdoor winter activities
(loving these lululemon Frosty Run Gloves)
» Check out more outdoor active winter gear here.
• performance running hat, durable and waterproof for outdoor activities
» Check out more ideas in this year’s Holiday Gift Guide: Fitness Goodies.
• K-cup single serve coffees, select a box or mixture of their favorite brews
• TSP spices, perfectly pre-measured sealed spices
• food, dessert, or baking ornament
• gourmet hot chocolate, specifically from Williams-Sonoma
(The entire canister is filled with chocolate shavings and the peppermint bark flavor is incredible)
» Check out more ideas in this year’s Holiday Gift Guide: For Foodies.
I’m obviously not a mother yet, but I did stumble upon some great ideas to include!
(I just played this for the first time last week! Kids would love it.)
• glitter crowns set for your favorite (pretend) princess and friends
(Um, the entire alex and alexa website is adorable!)
• currency you don’t see every day
Because even as an adult, I still think it’s cool to get my hands on a $2 bill or 50¢ piece every now and then!
Am I alone there?
I invite you to share some of your favorite stocking stuffer traditions and gift ideas in the comments section too. Happy Shopping!
*Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. The Holiday Gift Guide series features items I genuinely want to share with you, and have possibly purchased myself. Please understand, however, that affiliate links are included. As always, I truly appreciate your support! <3